14 April 2009

Purl, Knit, Purl, Knit

Right before Christmas of 2007, I found a new interest in knitting. My oldest sister is a fabulous knitter, and I was quick to tap into her for advice and information. After I finished my first project, a Christmas stocking, I quickly got distracted with other things, like our new house, our new city, and the million and one activities I was involving Max in from story time at the Staunton Public Library to Buggy Busters in Gypsy Hill Park.


Now that I'm back in Germany, where knitting is pretty prominent, at least amongst the older generation, I started to get interested in it again. My big sister also got me hooked on Ravelry.com, where I found out that a local English speaking knitting group meets every week for what is affectionately termed "Stitch n' Bitch." My fellow knitters range from University students to working professionals, parents and single people, and there are from all over the world. The one thing they all have in common, other than their English and living in Munich, is how utterly awesome they are.


This group has been a much needed escape for me. It's been great to meet people, and do something that isn't based on the commonality of having children alone.

1 comment:

anja said...

Hi Diana,

I have just found your blog, googeling foer some american families living in Munich.
We have lived over two years in Boston. Honestly, we've missing it desperately.
We are a family of three and I am lookimg for some new friends. If you like to get in touch, please leave me a note.
Thanks so much, take care.
Anja