13 March 2012

Remaining Calm in the Face of Adversity

This week, I had planned to visit Tuscany with the children, a friend and her dog.  We had a ten day trip planned, and I was looking forward to it as a time of respite and relaxation.  However, that isn't always how the die rolls, and today, when I returned home from dropping the kids off at Kindergarten, I got into a sticky situation with my car.  No one got hurt, but I did damage the car to the point that I can not drive it to Italy on Thursday. 

After a long morning, of dealing with German car insurance (luckily a claims adjuster who spoke English) and a garage, where the agent didn't speak a lick of English, I managed to get my car in for repair.  This however delays my trip to Italy.  I could be angry, I could be whiney and bitchy and self-pitying, I could be living by the mantra of "When it rains, it pours," but instead, I've decided to live by the mantra of "Sometimes this is the way the die rolls."  I don't have a specific schedule I have to adhere to, so it doesn't really matter if I have to dealy my trip a little longere.

Again, referring to the greater design for my life, I'd like to believe that my minor unfortunate circumstances perhaps prevented me from having a great series of unfortunate events.  And I'd like to believe, that perhaps something more positive will come out of this.  Lets hope that the Bed and Breakfasts in Italy will feel the same way and willingly delay my reservations for five days.  

***Maxi's solution to our problem, "Mommy, you can ride your bike to Italy!"

No comments: